Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Engage XP


So I spent they day yesterday with Alan Putnam, my youth pastor, at the Engage XP Regional Evangelism Conference in Belton. Wow! is all I can say. Hopefully over the next few posts I will capture just some of the great, challenging and compelling things I heard during this great conference. Let me just interject here...I am not a conference kind of guy. They are usually a waste of time because they tell you stuff you already know and bring nothing fresh to the table. This is part of the reason I was so blown away by Engage XP. Not only was there relevant and challenging teaching, but the breakout offerings were great. I also got to see some guys that I haven't got see in a while. The Justin Cofield Band led worship. I met Justin a couple of years ago when he led worship for our D-Now. These guys are truly gifted musicians who long to lead people in worship. I also got to see Scott Veneble again. Scott and I went to Africa together on mission about four years ago. Scott is currently doing a great work in the emergent community in Denton. I also made some new contacts like Charlie Johnson. Charlie is, or maybe I should say was, the evangelism and discipleship minister at FBC Belton. He was, meaning that he resigned the day before so that he and his wife could pursue a future career in missions. I also got to hear some great messages on the importance of witnessing. The day opened with Randel Everett. Randel is the executive director of the Baptist General Convention of Texas. He has a heart for witnessing and discipleship and is the spearhead behind Texas Hope 2010. The day ended with Jon Randles, who is the director of evangelism for the BGCT. All in all is was a great day. I'll be filling you in on some specifics over the next few posts. All of things are brought to you to keep you crashing into life.

No comments: